Best Ryobi Drills Reviews 2020 - [Comparison Table]
Last update on 2020-09-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIEnter your text here...
Are you a person interested in carpentry, masonry, or any kind of construction work, you need a drill on your side. It is a necessary tool in the building world. A good drill will work for you, whether you are a beginner, a DIYer, or a professional.
When looking for a drill, you will need to find one that can handle whatever you throw its way. One way to go is to look for reliable brands. This will ensure you get only the best drills that won't break down easily and can last for a very long time.
One of the best brands when it comes to manufacturing drills is Ryobi. It is a household name, well for those households that only talk about drills at home. Ryobi makes worldwide known and praised drills that won't let you down. They are built to last, and they give a first-class performance.
Ryobi also has the added benefit of manufacturing drills that suit everyone. They range from drills for beginners and those for advanced or professional users. They can handle any task from simple household tasks to harder, professional jobs, and they perform spectacularly.
Best Ryobi Drills Reviews 2020
This article is going to deal with the best Ryobi drills. This is going to let you see which drill is the best for you. It will show you the different features that the drills have and what they are most suited for. Don't be worried, and we are going to show you the best of the best without any disappointments.
1. Ryobi 18V Brushless ½ Inch drill driver reviews [P252 Bare Tool]
The P252 drill is the best for a busy workman. It has a belt clip that allows you to have the drill by your side at all times and an onboard magnetic tray located at the belt that can hold your fasteners and bits with the greatest of ease.
- It has a ryobi brushless motor which ensures long life and excellent performance
- 2-speed gearbox for both light and medium-duty jobs
- Magnetic tray for holding bits and fasteners
- An ergonomic soft rubber grip for handling
- Easy to change bits due to a keyless chuck
- There might be a slight delay with the trigger
- The bits might stick in the chuck
2. Ryobi P1971N Drill/Driver 18V ONE+ Home Owners Starter Kit
As promised, this is a drill that is good for beginners. It has all a beginner might need. The drill is good for a regular homeowner as it has all the bits and tools needed, including two screwdrivers and long-nose pliers.
- Multiple hand tools for all your drilling needs
- Has a snap-off knife for automatic blade lock
- Tape measure with a rubber mold to resist impact
- 3-year warranty
- Two-speed settings for different tasks
- Fiberglass handle for shock absorption and durability
- It doesn't work well with heavy-duty tasks
3. Ryobi P208 One+ 18V Lithium-Ion Drill/Driver with ½ Keyless Chuck
The magic of LED lights is explored in this drill. It utilizes LED lights for illumination. The lights switch themselves on once the drill is activated and allows for more accurate work. The drill also has a keyless chuck that allows you to change bits easily. You then simply activate the drill for the bits to lock in place.
- Has a rubber grip for better handling
- Uses LED lights to illuminate the work area
- Has a 2-speed gearbox with variable speeds
- Magnetic tray for holding bits and fasteners
- Easy to change bits due to its keyless chuck
- The drill driver might loosen
- The clutch might not work properly
4. Ryobi 18V Brushless ½ inch Drill Driver P252 Bare Tool (Certified)
This drill is a renewed, revised version of the original P252. It has better features, and it works better than the previous one. It now has an LED light for better visibility and accuracy while working. The grip is also renewed with a micro-texture for a better grip.
- The drill has a ryobi brushless motor for longer life
- An LED light for illumination and precision
- Magnetic tray conveniently placed for tool holding
- It has a 24-position that is also adjustable for torque clutch
- 2-speed gearbox for versatility
- Its power is worse than the original product
5. Ryobi 18V Lithium-Ion 750 Inch Pound Brushless. [ryobi 18v hammer drill driver]
This drill is good for heavy-duty work, so it's great for professionals. It has a powerful motor that lets it run for a long time uninterrupted. It is so powerful in fact that it can drill through different materials, including wood, concrete or plastic.
- Can drill through any kind of material
- 3-speed settings for drilling, driving, and hammer drilling
- 24-position adjustable clutch
- Removable side handle for better control
- The pistol grip has a rubber molding cover that reduces vibrations
- The new model doesn't have as much torque as the original one
- Louder than the previous version
6. Ryobi Oneplus 18v drill Lithium-Ion Compact Driver Kit [P1811]
This drill is one of the best when it comes to renovations. It gives the best performance when it comes to drilling and driving fasteners. This model comes with two batteries that are compatible with the different, older Ryobi drills like the Ryobi one+ tool system.
- Keyless chucks for fast changing of bits
- The batteries charge quickly and are included in the kit
- The drill comes with a tool bag for storage
- Magnetic holder for keeping your bits in place
- Two powerful and interchangeable batteries
- The batteries are a bit lacking
- The drill doesn't last
7. Ryobi P235 ¼ Inch One+ 18 Volt Lithium Ion Impact Driver
This is one of the most powerful drills with 16000 pounds of torque. This is connected to a two-speed gearbox for a better drive. You can also change bits with ease thanks to the quick connect cuff attached to a quarter-inch chuck. You can even change the bits with one hand!
- Has a magnetic tray for holding bits for convenience and organization
- Has a notched rubber grip for comfortable handling
- The batteries are One+ plus compatible and can be substituted for older NiCad batteries
- Great for renovations
- Dual-action motor for great performance
- The batteries power is unsatisfactory
- The drill is weak
8. CACOOP CCD20001LBB 20V MAX Lithium-Ion cordless drill driver reviews
This drill is another one that is perfect for home projects. It is lightweight and compact and perfect for regular home tasks. It is quick to charge, taking just 60 minutes to reach full charge. It also has 250lbs of torque for easy drilling and great productivity.
- Adjustable 2-speed gear for different tasks
- Has an indicator light that lets you know the batteries charge
- LED lighting for illumination and better accuracy
- It also has a quick-release chuck
- Ergonomic handle for better working conditions
- The batteries don't take charge easily
- Hard to find original batteries
9. Ryobi P1832 18V One+ Handheld Drill/Driver and Impact Driver Kit
This here is an all-round drill, anyone can use it from the homeowner to the professional contractor. It has a lot of tools included, a drill/driver, a compact driver, two lithium-ion batteries plus many more. All these tools help you do a variety of tasks with great ease.
- This kit includes a lithium-ion battery charger that can be used with any ryobi batteries
- The gearbox is covered with cast aluminum for better storage and longer life
- Notched rubber grips on pistol grips for better handling
- Magnetic holders on the bit and impact drivers for easy organization
- Easily accessible belt clip
- The batteries don't hold a charge for long
10. Ryobi ZRHP108L 18V Cordless Lithium-Ion 3/8 Inch Drill Kit
Calling all householders. This is yet another drill that is your best friend. It is small, lightweight, and compact. The size allows you to move around with it easily. It also has an internal battery. It also has a powerful motor that is great for driving fasteners without causing damage.
- The drill has a notched rubber molding for maximum control
- It has an LED fuel gauge that lets you know how much power is left
- It also has an LED light for illuminating your work surface for greater accuracy
- Lightweight and compact design
- Powerful battery for household jobs
- The battery takes a long charging time
- You can't change/remove the battery
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Are Ryobi drills any good?
A: The short answer; yes. The long answer; Ryobi drills are good because they come with several features that are advantageous when it comes to drilling and driving, like the magnetic trays for holding your tools. The powerful torques to support any kind of job.
They are also good because they benefit a lot of people. They are very good for people who are just starting, especially those designed for beginners. But they are also good professional contractors. They also come with many tools that make your drilling work easier.
Q: Is Dewalt better than Ryobi?
A: I would just like to start by saying both the brands make good drills. The one benefit that jumps out at you about ryobi 18v reviews drills is that they are cheaper. You can even get several tools for half the price of a Dewalt drill.
Both companies have used ryobi brushless motors in their drills, and this is a huge plus. It would be better to get Ryobi tools because they have all you can need at a lower price. Some people might argue that Dewalt is better, but Ryobi tools don't lack in anything and will give high-quality performances.
Q: How do you get a drill bit out of a Ryobi power drill?
A: Since there are different types of drills, we will share with you a few ways of removing the drill bits. For a keyless drill, you only need to take the chuck with one hand and twist it counterclockwise to loosen. You can also choose to pull the trigger while holding the chuck to loosen then remove the bit.
For a drill with a key, insert the chuck key. Do this by lining up the teeth at the end of the drill key to match, turn the key counterclockwise until it opens then remove the bit. Since some Ryobi drills have keys and others are keyless, these two answers should help you when it comes to removing drill bits.
Q: What does 1 and 2 mean on a drill?
A: These numbers are used to show the speed/torque setting on a drill. The 1 stands for a low speed/high torque setting. This setting is good for driving screws. The 2 means medium speed/torque that is good for drilling and/or driving.
Some drills also have a 3 setting. This one stands for the highest speed for driving and drilling fasteners. You should make sure that the tool is at a complete stop before adjusting the speed to preserve the gear.
Q: porter cable vs ryobi?
A: Ryobi tools are made by Ryobi Limited, which is a Japanese manufacturer. All the Ryobi power drill are a brand of Techtonic industries, a company located in Hong Kong.
We would like to recommend these Ryobi drills. They are good for all kinds of jobs and can be used by those who like DIY and contractors. They give a wonderful performance and can withstand all kinds of jobs, although that will depend on the kind of drill you want.
With a wide variety of Ryobi tools available, it is a great idea to look for the ryobi power drill that will best suit your needs. This review includes some of the best drills you can find, and you can look through it to find which drill is your perfect match.